Frequently Asked Questions
Raffles Connect is an integrated healthcare digital platform providing medical convenience at your fingertips. You can use the app to:
- Video-consult a doctor (available 24/7 daily)
- Schedule medical appointments
- Manage health records
- Browse health insurance offerings
- Purchase healthcare products and services
It is a secure platform for doctors to dispense medical care with ease and for patients to receive treatment with confidence and in privacy.
You can visit the app stores of your Android and iOS mobile devices to download the app for free.
For Android enabled devices, you will need to have at least Android 4.1.2 or newer to install our app.
For iOS enabled devices, you will need to have at least iOS 9 installed on your devices.
Teleconsultation is suitable for anyone above 2 years old and seeking treatment for non-emergency illnesses. Please note that your user account cannot be used by another person.
For patients below 16 years old, please ensure you have a guardian (who must be at least 21 years old) present with you during the teleconsultation. The guardian has to show his/her valid ID (eg. NRIC, passport, etc) to the doctor at the start of the teleconsultation.
- Raffles Connect charges $18nett for a 15-minute teleconsultation (inclusive of medication delivery). Beyond 15 minutes, the doctor may request for an additional payment for another 15-minute extension.
- Medication charges apply.
- Standard delivery charge is waived for now. However, an extra charge of $5nett will be levied on deliveries to Sentosa and restricted areas in Singapore.
There are many common conditions (non-emergency in nature) that can be treated via teleconsultation including but not limited to these:
- Cough & Cold
- Sore Throat
- Constipation & Diarrhoea
- Skin Irritation & Rashes
- Headache & Migraine
- Urinary Tract Infections
- Menstrual Issues
- Gastric problem
- Cold sores
- Muscle aches
- Heel pain
- Conjunctivitis without visual disturbances
- Eyelid problems
- Well-controlled chronic illnesses that have already been routinely followed up
The doctor will make a reasonable diagnosis where possible from the presenting history, vital signs or other clinical parameters where available, investigation or imaging results and recommend treatment or referral to the appropriate level of care if necessary.
Emergency health issues are NOT suitable for teleconsultation. Please seek immediate medical assistance at the nearest Accident & Emergency (A&E) or call 995 for an ambulance.
This teleconsultation service is also not for mental health conditions. For mental health conditions, you can call 1800-221 4444 (SOS hotline).
The following conditions are also NOT suitable for teleconsultation:
- Visual disturbances - double vision or blurred vision or loss of vision
- Dizziness and imbalance
- Chest pain
- Breathing difficulties and asthma
- Abdominal pain with fever
- Diarrhoea with black stools
- Fever for more than 3 days
- Weakness or numbness of limbs
- Urinary or bowel incontinence
- Pregnancy complications
- Any injuries
- Bleeding from any wounds/injuries
- 1st consultation on chronic illnesses
The teleconsultation feature is currently available through our app on Android and iOS enabled mobile devices.
Your identification card will be required for the doctor’s verification during the teleconsultation. No prescription, referral or medical certificate can be issued to anyone who is not using his real identity or assuming a false identity.
Optional: Available medical equipment to enhance the effectiveness of the teleconsultation are welcomed.
- A thermometer to measure temperature
- A glucometer to check blood glucose level
- A sphygmomanometer (also known as a blood pressure machine) to check blood pressure and heart rate
- A torch to illuminate whenever necessary
The doctor will advise you to seek other appropriate treatments or follow-up actions before ending the call. There will be no consultation charges incurred in such cases.
All our medical doctors are Singapore-registered and licensed with the Singapore Medical Council. They hold doctoral degrees in medicine and have undergone post-doctoral training as required to be registered as a doctor in Singapore. We are in partnership with established healthcare providers like Raffles Medical Group.
Yes - you can select a preferred doctor from our panel of clinics, subject to availability.
The estimated waiting time to see a doctor via teleconsultation is 15min. If no doctors are available to conduct a teleconsultation right away, a doctor will fix a teleconsultation appointment with you and call you back at the designated time.
Your call will still be in session and a “rejoin” button will appear. If you still fail to reconnect to the session, please contact our Customer Service Team at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will assist you in any way we can.
The medication will be delivered to your address within 3 hours upon making payment for the teleconsultation. We seek your patience and understanding should there be unforeseen delays arising from traffic conditions and/or other factors.
Please note that the delivery will be fulfilled by a third-party courier service. You will have to verify your identity by presenting your identification card in order to receive the medication from the courier. Please acknowledge receipt of medication in the Raffles Connect app upon delivery.
You can access an electronic copy of the MC from the Raffles Connect app. Please note that issuance of MC is subject to the doctor’s discretion.
We accept online payments via debit and credit cards including Visa, AMEX and Mastercard.
Please contact our Customer Service Team at email@example.com and we will assist you in any way we can.
We respect and uphold confidentiality. Raffles Connect employs end-to-end encryption to keep your information secure. All personal information and medical records are stored inside encrypted databases on the Amazon Web Services platform.