The Raffles Connect App (the “App”) are owned and operated by Raffles Medical Group Ltd (“the Company” or “RMG”), a Singapore-incorporated company.
We regularly update and amend the App and may at any time delete or change any information or services provided. Although we will endeavor to ensure all information contained on the App is accurate, we do not guarantee that all information or prices on the App will be complete and accurate.
No formal medical diagnosis, advice, or treatment are allowed or provided on the App or the Services. All information provided on the App or through the Services, or in connection with any communications supported by the Company, including but not limited to communications with registered medical practitioners and wellness experts providing private online consultations (a “Consultation”) on the App (the “Provider”), is intended to be for general information purposes only, and is in no way intended to create a doctor–patient relationship. The App and the Services are not a substitute for professional medical diagnosis or treatment, and reliance on any information provided on the App or through the Services, including the credentials of the Provider, is solely at your own risk. You are solely responsible for satisfying yourself that the Provider is suitably qualified and/or licensed in accordance with local laws to practise in your jurisdiction and in the event of any doubt, you should contact your own doctor with whom you have a doctor-patient relationship. If you become aware of any Provider that is not suitably qualified, please let us know by emailing us. We reserve the right and have the sole discretion to (but will not be obliged to) remove any Provider’s profile from the App and Services at any time.
The App provides remote health and information services. The procedures, products, articles, services and devices discussed and/or advertised on the App and the Services are not applicable to all individuals, patients, clients or all clinical situations. Some medical conditions are not suitable for remote consultations, and you should always seek advice from a medical practitioner in person if you are unsure about whether you have been able to explain or communicate your medical needs accurately or fully, or if you have any other concerns. We make no claims as to the effectiveness of any such procedures, products, services and devices. Any products and/or services represented on the App by advertisers, sponsors, and other Services participants, either paid or unpaid, are presented for your awareness and do not necessarily imply appropriateness for any particular individual or prediction of effectiveness, outcome or success.
You should not use our services in an emergency, or if you have a condition that you know will require a physical examination.
The App and the Company do not provide medical advice via the App. The App is designed to support the health decisions and choices you make. These decisions and choices are yours, and we believe that you are the best decision maker about your health and that these decisions should be made in connection with the advice you receive from a registered medical practitioner within a formal doctor-patient relationship.
On the App, you can ask questions and find information and related educational answers. You can also speak directly to a Provider through a private Consultation. Public questions and answer sections of the App are not a place for the practice of medicine. A limited amount of medical advice may be provided by a Registered Practitioner during a private Consultation (but such advice is solely the responsibility of such Registered Practitioner).
The App and the Company are not your doctor. Providers on the App are not “your” doctor. When you participate in online Consultations, you understand that Providers are not your primary care doctor and you agree not to use the App or Services as a substitute for interactions with your personal doctor. We strongly encourage you to discuss any advice you receive using the App with your GP or usual medical practitioner or healthcare provider.
The Provider shall be solely responsible for determining the need for a face-to-face consultation with the client and the Company will not be held liable for any misdiagnoses, acts or omissions of the Provider.
Never use the App or Services in a potential or actual medical emergency.
No Doctor-Patient Relationship
The use of the App or the Services does not create a doctor-patient relationship. Everything on the App or the use of the Services is for your information, and should be used for informational purposes only. The App and the Services are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, treatment or care from your GP or usual medical practitioner or healthcare provider.
The App and the Services are provided “as is”. Neither we, Providers, nor any other user of the App, make any express or implied warranties, including implied warranties of accuracy, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement. The Company does not make any express or implied warranties that the Providers are validly accredited and/or licensed to practise their field of expertise. Neither we nor any Providers, of any other user make any warranty that content or Services satisfy government regulations.
For Singaporean Healthcare Providers only
All Singaporean healthcare providers (doctors and wellness experts) must comply with PDPA regulations and must only collect, use, and disclose user personal data to the extent that is necessary to provide the service to the user that the user has requested. Further to this all Singaporean doctors must confirm that they have read and will practice telemedicine in accordance with the National Telemedicine Guidelines and the SMC code of ethics.
By accepting these terms all Singaporean doctors warrant that they have a valid practising license from SMC and are fully registered with SMC. If this license expires or is revoked for any reason whatsoever the provider must notify RMG immediately.
RMG, a Provider, Author, or any of our licensors may NOT be held liable under this Agreement for more than One Hundred Singapore Dollars (S$ 100.00).
You may not use the Services in any manner that violates any law, regulation, treaty or tariff or infringes on the legal rights of any third party, in any manner which is defamatory, fraudulent, indecent, offensive or deceptive, to threaten, harass, abuse or intimidate others, to damage the name or reputation of the App, its affiliates, or subsidiaries, to breach security on any computer network, or to access an account that does not belong to you, and in any manner that interferes with other customers’ use and enjoyment of the Services provided by the App.
Every jurisdiction has its own laws and regulations in respect of the use of telemedicine services (the “Local Regulations”). By accessing the App and using the Services, you confirm that you understand your obligations under the Local Regulations relevant to the territory in which you are located and will comply with such Local Regulations. If you are in Singapore, you can review the Singapore National Telemedicine Guidelines and the Singapore Medical Council’s Ethical Code and Ethical Guidelines. For other jurisdictions, similar guidelines are generally made available online by the relevant local regulatory authorities.
You agree to take no action which is intended to, or would reasonably be expected to harm RMG or the App or its reputation or which would reasonably be expected to lead to unwanted or unfavorable publicity to RMG or the App.
We make no representation that all products, Content or Services described on or available through the App are appropriate or available for use in locations outside Singapore. Users visit the App and access our Content and Services on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws. We make no claim that Content or Services are appropriate or may be downloaded outside Singapore.
Severability and Enforceability
Transfer of Information
Choice of Law and Venue
(Applicable only to Clients purchasing Consultations)
- Prices. The price of a Consultation or a group of Consultations (“Packages”) will be set out in the App at the time of the Client purchasing from a Provider. The prices may change at any time as they are set at the discretion of the Providers, but price changes will not affect any Services that you have already ordered.
- Fees. You are responsible for paying the price for the Consultation or Packages and any additional charges (“Charges”). Charges could include:
- any applicable service tax, as required by the jurisdiction
- RMG Service Fee
- reasonable credit card or other processing fees, where these are incurred of any other related fee
- any other related fee.
- Payment. You can make payment using a credit card or Paypal. You will be charged at the point of purchase.
(Applicable only to Providers providing Consultations)
- Consultation Fees. You are entitled to charge a fee for each Consultation or Packages provided to a Client that is facilitated by the Services (“Consultation Fee”), where such Consultation Fee is calculated based upon the “Consultation Fee”/”Packages Fee” provided by you and set out in your “My Payments” (if you are a medical practitioner) or “My Packages” page (if you are a wellness expert). You: (i) appoint the Company as your limited payment collection agent solely for the purpose of accepting the Consultation Fee on your behalf via the payment processing function facilitated by the Company; and (ii) agree that payment made by a Client to the Company shall be considered the same as payment made directly by a Client to you. In addition, the Parties acknowledge and agree that as between you and the Company, the Consultation Fee is a recommended amount, and the primary purpose of the pre-arranged Consultation Fee is to act as the default amount in the event you do not negotiate a different amount. You shall always have the right to: (i) charge a Consultation Fee that is less than the pre-arranged Consultation Fee; or (ii) negotiate, at your request, a Consultation Fee that is lower than the pre-arranged Consultation Fee.
- Your Payment. The Company agrees to remit to you on at least a monthly basis the Consultation Fee less the applicable RMG Service Fee (the “Provider Payment”). The Provider Payment must exceed S$ 100.00 in order for it to be remitted (the “Minimum”). If you do not reach the Minimum in that calendar month, the Provider Payment will be held until the following month. This will continue until the Minimum is reached and the Provider Payment can be remitted to you. Each Provider Payment shall be made to the bank account specified by you in the “Financial Details” section of your “Provider Profile”.
- Changes to Consultation Fee. You may amend your Consultation Fee at any time by amendment to the relevant section of your “My Packages”. The Company accepts no responsibility for any delays in implementing an amended Consultation Fee to a Provider’s public profile.
- RMG Service Fee. In consideration of the Company’s provision of the Services for your use and benefit hereunder, you agree to pay the Company a service fee on a per Consultation basis (the “RMG Service Fee”). The Company reserves the right to change the RMG Service Fee at any time at the Company’s discretion, and the Company will provide you with notice in the event of such change. Continued use of the Services after any such change in the RMG Service Fee calculation shall constitute your consent to such change.
- Receipts. As part of the Services, the Company provides you a system for the delivery of receipts to Clients for a Consultation. Upon your completion of a Consultation, the Company prepares an applicable receipt and issues such receipt to the Client via email on your behalf.
- Taxes. You acknowledge and agree that you are responsible for collecting and remitting all applicable gross receipts, sales and use, excise or any other transaction tax on the provision of Consultations.
We do not support refunds of any kind.
To facilitate the implementation of each Provider’s own cancellation policy, the App allow Providers to deduct a Consultation from a Client’s Package for cancelled or missed consultations, at their discretion.
It is the Provider’s responsibility to inform their Client of their cancellation policy and when a Consultation has been deducted from the Client’s Package due to violation of their cancellation policy.
Providers can deduct a Consultation from a Client’s Package by using the “Offline Session” button. Once clicked, it will be as though the Client attended that Consultation.
The Company owns the copyright and other intellectual property rights in the App, our services and their content (“RMG IPR”).
You are permitted to use RMG IPR in order to receive our services, store it on your device and print copies of it for your personal use. You may communicate material containing RMG IPR to your local medical practitioner or healthcare provider. You are not permitted to copy, distribute or make any business use of RMG IPR.
The RMG mark, logo, combined mark and logo and other marks indicated in our App are trademarks owned by RMG in Singapore and other countries.