DW and all associated websites and Apps (the “DW Websites”) are owned and operated by Doctor World Pte Ltd (“the Company” or “DW”), a Singapore-incorporated company.
We regularly update and amend the DW Websites and may at any time delete or change any information or services provided. Although we will endeavor to ensure all information contained on the DW Websites is accurate, we do not guarantee that all information or prices on DW Websites will be complete and accurate.
No formal medical diagnosis, advice, or treatment are allowed or provided on the DW Websites or the Services. All information provided on the DW Websites or through the Services, or in connection with any communications supported by the Company, including but not limited to communications with registered medical practitioners and wellness experts providing private online consultations (a “Consultation”) on the DW Websites (the “Provider”), is intended to be for general information purposes only, and is in no way intended to create a doctor–patient relationship. The DW Websites and the Services are not a substitute for professional medical diagnosis or treatment, and reliance on any information provided on the DW Websites or through the Services, including the credentials of the Provider, is solely at your own risk. You are solely responsible for satisfying yourself that the Provider is suitably qualified and/or licensed in accordance with local laws to practise in your jurisdiction and in the event of any doubt, you should contact your own doctor with whom you have a doctor-patient relationship. If you become aware of any Provider that is not suitably qualified, please let us know by emailing us. We reserve the right and have the sole discretion to (but will not be obliged to) remove any Provider’s profile from the DW Website and Services at any time.
The DW Websites provide remote health and information services. The procedures, products, services and devices discussed and/or advertised on the DW Websites and the Services are not applicable to all individuals, patients, clients or all clinical situations. Some medical conditions are not suitable for remote consultations, and you should always seek advice from a medical practitioner in person if you are unsure about whether you have been able to explain or communicate your medical needs accurately or fully, or if you have any other concerns. We make no claims as to the effectiveness of any such procedures, products, services and devices. Any products and/or services represented on the DW Websites by advertisers, sponsors, and other Services participants, either paid or unpaid, are presented for your awareness and do not necessarily imply appropriateness for any particular individual or prediction of effectiveness, outcome or success.
You should not use our services in an emergency, or if you have a condition that you know will require a physical examination.
DW Websites and the Company do not provide medical advice. DW Websites are designed to support the health decisions and choices you make. These decisions and choices are yours, and we believe that you are the best decision maker about your health and that these decisions should be made in connection with the advice you receive from a registered medical practitioner within a formal doctor-patient relationship.
On the DW Websites, you can ask questions and find information and related educational answers. You can also speak directly to a Provider through a private Consultation. Public questions and answer sections of the DW Websites are not a place for the practice of medicine. A limited amount of medical advice may be provided by a Registered Practitioner during a private Consultation (but such advice is solely the responsibility of such Registered Practitioner).
DW Websites and the Company are not your doctor. Providers on DW Websites are not “your” doctor. When you participate in online Consultations, you understand that Providers are not your primary care doctor and you agree not to use DW Websites or Services as a substitute for interactions with your personal doctor. We strongly encourage you to discuss any advice you receive using DW Websites with your GP or usual medical practitioner or healthcare provider.
The Provider shall be solely responsible for determining the need for a face-to-face consultation with the client and the Company will not be held liable for any misdiagnoses, acts or omissions of the Provider.
Never use DW Websites or Services in a potential or actual medical emergency.
No Doctor-Patient Relationship
The use of the DW Websites or the Services does not create a doctor-patient relationship. Everything on DW Websites or the use of the Services is for your information, and should be used for informational purposes only. The DW Websites and the Services are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, treatment or care from your GP or usual medical practitioner or healthcare provider.
The DW Websites and the Services are provided “as is”. Neither we, Providers, nor any other user of the DW Websites, make any express or implied warranties, including implied warranties of accuracy, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement. The Company does not make any express or implied warranties that the Providers are validly accredited and/or licensed to practise their field of expertise. Neither we nor any Providers, of any other user make any warranty that content or Services satisfy government regulations.
For Singaporean Healthcare Providers only
All Singaporean healthcare providers (doctors and wellness experts) must comply with PDPA regulations and must only collect, use, and disclose user personal data to the extent that is necessary to provide the service to the user that the user has requested. Further to this all Singaporean doctors must confirm that they have read and will practice telemedicine in accordance with the National Telemedicine Guidelines and the SMC code of ethics.
By accepting these terms all Singaporean doctors warrant that they have a valid practising license from SMC and are fully registered with SMC. If this license expires or is revoked for any reason whatsoever the provider must notify DW immediately.
DW, a Provider, Author, or any of our licensors may NOT be held liable under this Agreement for more than One Hundred Singapore Dollars (S$ 100.00).
You may not use the Services in any manner that violates any law, regulation, treaty or tariff or infringes on the legal rights of any third party, in any manner which is defamatory, fraudulent, indecent, offensive or deceptive, to threaten, harass, abuse or intimidate others, to damage the name or reputation of the DW Websites, its affiliates, or subsidiaries, to breach security on any computer network, or to access an account that does not belong to you, and in any manner that interferes with other customers’ use and enjoyment of the Services provided by the DW Websites.
Every jurisdiction has its own laws and regulations in respect of the use of telemedicine services (the “Local Regulations”). By accessing the DW Websites and using the Services, you confirm that you understand your obligations under the Local Regulations relevant to the territory in which you are located and will comply with such Local Regulations. If you are in Singapore, you can review the Singapore National Telemedicine Guidelines here and the Singapore Medical Council’s Ethical Code and Ethical Guidelines here. For other jurisdictions, similar guidelines are generally made available online by the relevant local regulatory authorities.
You agree to take no action which is intended to, or would reasonably be expected to harm DW or the DW Websites or its reputation or which would reasonably be expected to lead to unwanted or unfavorable publicity to DW or the DW Websites.
We make no representation that all products, Content or Services described on or available through the DW Websites are appropriate or available for use in locations outside Singapore. Users visit the DW Websites and access our Content and Services on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws. We make no claim that Content or Services are appropriate or may be downloaded outside Singapore.
Severability and Enforceability
Transfer of Information
Choice of Law and Venue
(Applicable only to Clients purchasing Consultations)
- Prices. The price of a Consultation or a group of Consultations (“Packages”) will be set out in the Apps or on the Website at the time of the Client purchasing from a Provider. The prices may change at any time as they are set at the discretion of the Providers, but price changes will not affect any Services that you have already ordered.
- Fees. You are responsible for paying the price for the Consultation or Packages and any additional charges (“Charges”). Charges could include:
- any applicable service tax, as required by the jurisdiction
- DW Service Fee
- reasonable credit card or other processing fees, where these are incurred of any other related fee
- any other related fee.
- Payment. You can make payment using a credit card or PayPal. You will be charged at the point of purchase.
(Applicable only to Providers providing Consultations)
- Consultation Fees. You are entitled to charge a fee for each Consultation or Packages provided to a Client that is facilitated by the Services (“Consultation Fee”), where such Consultation Fee is calculated based upon the “Consultation Fee”/”Packages Fee” provided by you and set out in your “My Payments” (if you are a medical practitioner) or “My Packages” page (if you are a wellness expert). You: (i) appoint the Company as your limited payment collection agent solely for the purpose of accepting the Consultation Fee on your behalf via the payment processing function facilitated by the Company; and (ii) agree that payment made by a Client to the Company shall be considered the same as payment made directly by a Client to you. In addition, the Parties acknowledge and agree that as between you and the Company, the Consultation Fee is a recommended amount, and the primary purpose of the pre-arranged Consultation Fee is to act as the default amount in the event you do not negotiate a different amount. You shall always have the right to: (i) charge a Consultation Fee that is less than the pre-arranged Consultation Fee; or (ii) negotiate, at your request, a Consultation Fee that is lower than the pre-arranged Consultation Fee.
- Your Payment. The Company agrees to remit to you on at least a monthly basis the Consultation Fee less the applicable DW Service Fee (the “Provider Payment”). The Provider Payment must exceed S$ 100.00 in order for it to be remitted (the “Minimum”). If you do not reach the Minimum in that calendar month, the Provider Payment will be held until the following month. This will continue until the Minimum is reached and the Provider Payment can be remitted to you. Each Provider Payment shall be made to the bank account specified by you in the “Financial Details” section of your “Provider Profile”.
- Changes to Consultation Fee. You may amend your Consultation Fee at any time by amendment to the relevant section of your “My Packages”. The Company accepts no responsibility for any delays in implementing an amended Consultation Fee to a Provider’s public profile.
- DW Service Fee. In consideration of the Company’s provision of the Services for your use and benefit hereunder, you agree to pay the Company a service fee on a per Consultation basis (the “DW Service Fee”). The Company reserves the right to change the DW Service Fee at any time at the Company’s discretion, and the Company will provide you with notice in the event of such change. Continued use of the Services after any such change in the DW Service Fee calculation shall constitute your consent to such change.
- Receipts. As part of the Services, the Company provides you a system for the delivery of receipts to Clients for a Consultation. Upon your completion of a Consultation, the Company prepares an applicable receipt and issues such receipt to the Client via email on your behalf.
- Taxes. You acknowledge and agree that you are responsible for collecting and remitting all applicable gross receipts, sales and use, excise or any other transaction tax on the provision of Consultations.
From time to time, the Company will issue vouchers to our Providers to provide to their Clients or directly to Clients that provide a benefit (“Vouchers”). Vouchers are to be used in good faith.
A Client’s redemption of a Voucher is subject to the additional terms and conditions as stipulated on the Voucher and the Provider (as the case may be) that offers the particular Voucher to a Client.
Clients must use Vouchers during their applicable validity period. There shall be no extension of time for the validity period of any Voucher redemption dates. Clients and Providers agree that you will have no claim whatsoever against the Company for any expired Vouchers.
Vouchers are not exchangeable for any other benefit under any circumstances.
If we suspect that either a Provider or Client is abusing the Vouchers, the Company will suspend the relevant account pending investigation and keep the Provider or Client informed of the outcome. The Company may at its sole and absolute discretion disable a Provider or Client account.
We do not support refunds of any kind.
To facilitate the implementation of each Provider’s own cancellation policy, the DW Websites allow Providers to deduct a Consultation from a Client’s Package for cancelled or missed consultations, at their discretion.
It is the Provider’s responsibility to inform their Client of their cancellation policy and when a Consultation has been deducted from the Client’s Package due to violation of their cancellation policy.
Providers can deduct a Consultation from a Client’s Package by using the “Offline Session” button. Once clicked, it will be as though the Client attended that Consultation.
The Company owns the copyright and other intellectual property rights in the DW Websites, our services and their content (“DW IPR”).
You are permitted to use DW IPR in order to receive our services, store it on your device and print copies of it for your personal use. You may communicate material containing DW IPR to your local medical practitioner or healthcare provider. You are not permitted to copy, distribute or make any business use of DW IPR.
The DW mark, logo, combined mark and logo and other marks indicated in our App are trademarks owned by DW in Singapore and other countries.
The primary reason we collect Personal Data is to enable users and Providers to conduct Consultations through the Services and to enable the content-related functions of the DW Websites. In order to facilitate this service we will need to share your personal data with the healthcare provider who you have chosen or connected with. Your data will only be shared with that individual and only for the purposes of providing the service that you have requested.
We may use your Personal Data for account and DW Websites maintenance, marketing, billing purposes and user proﬁling. We use and disclose Personal Data relating to payment methods and details to the extent required to process fees for completed Consultations, monthly subscriptions and other transactions.
We may use your Personal Data to contact you in respect of the Services. We will send emails to the email addresses provided by you and we will be making calls on the phone numbers provided by you if required. If you have provided an incorrect email address or phone number (or if these details have been changed without notice to us), then you may not receive these communications. DW will not be responsible for any breach of privacy due to correspondence going to an incorrect address or phone number. We may also use your Personal Data to contact you to perform surveys about your opinion of DW or the Services, or of potential new Services that may be offered. By using the DW platform, you consent to your Personal Data being used by DW for such communications. Should you no longer wish to be contacted, you may opt out of receiving these communications on your profile.
We may collect information about your computer, including your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers and to generate insights. We may use information about member statistics, trafﬁc patterns for the purposes of our business activities, including sales, marketing, mergers, acquisitions and bankruptcies.
Generally, DW does not sell, rent or lease its user lists to third parties. DW may, from time to time, contact you on behalf of external business partners about a particular offering that may be of interest to you. In addition, DW may share data with trusted partners to help us perform statistical analysis, send you email or postal mail, provide user support, or arrange for deliveries. All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these services to DW, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
We may disclose your personal information if we are under a duty to disclose or share such data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of DW, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We may aggregate personal and other data captured through the DW Websites and the Services so that the data is no longer capable of identifying any individual. Aggregated data may cover patterns of usage relating to the DW Websites and its Services and DW reserves the right to use this aggregated information for the purposes of improving and enhancing its Services, developing and selling data and information to third parties, generating and commercializing insights and otherwise for the purposes of our business.
- Full Name
- Contact Number
- Email Address
- Details of the nature of your comment and/or query
You will then be contacted within 30 days. Please note that you may be charged an administrative fee depending upon the nature of your request.